- “““““““““““Write a letter the Editor of a newspaper about the unhygienic/ poor sanitary conditions in your locality. Also suggest some methods to improve them.
July 28, 2010
Through the columns of your esteemed paper, I want to draw the attention of the authorities of the Health Department and Municipal Corporation/Committee of this city to important issues of unhygienic condition and bad conditions of the roads and drains in my locality.
The condition of the roads and drains shows as if these had not been repaired for the last so many years. Uneven surface of roads and big pits therein have become very difficult for the carriages and vehicles to move on these roads. The drains of this locality are very dirty and emit a very bad smell. Heaps of rubbish are scattered here and there. Sewerage system is also defective. Most of the gutters are without lids. These gutters remain mostly blocked. The water often comes out of them and stands there in the form of small pools emitting a very bad smell. These pools of dirty water are breeding mosquitoes which may break out some dangerous epidemics any time in this locality. Thus these roads have become a permanent nuisance for the people.
It is expected that the government and the concerned authorities of the Municipal Corporation/Committee will make immediate arrangements for the repairs of the roads and drains of this locality/area in the interest of the public in general, and the residents of this locality, in particular.
I suggest the following steps to improve this situation.
- Streets should be swept regularly.
- The rubbish carriages should carry the rubbish daily,
- Special structures on the roads should be made to throw rubbish,
- There should be well constructed drains on both sides of the roads,
- These drains should be cleaned and washed daily.
- The sweepers should be warned