Lesson: 1 Hazrat Asma (RA)
- What happened when Abu Jehl asked about Hazrat Abu Bakr?
Ans: When Abu Jehl asked about Hazrat Abu Bakr, he was annoyed by Hazrat Asma’s reply and slapped on her face so hard that her earring fell off.
2. Why was Hazrat Abu Quhafah worried?
Ans: Abu Quhafah was worried that Hazrat Abu Bakr had taken all the wealth with him. He had left nothing for the children to eat.
3. How did Hazrat Asma console her grandfather?
Ans: Hazrat Asma gathered some pebbles. She put them where her father used to place his money and jewels. She covered it with a piece of cloth. Then she requested her grandfather to look that her father had left all for them.
4.Who was Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair?
Ans: Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair was the son of Hazrat Asma and Hazrat Zubair bin AL-Awwam.
4. Which incident in the story showed Hazrat Asma’s love and respect for the Holy Prophet.
Ans: Hazrat Asma made necessary arrangements for the journey of emigration. She cooked food. She tied it on the camelback with her own belt when nothing else could be found. She would daily carry food to the cave of Thawr under the constant fear of being chased.
5. Which incident in the story tells about the generosity of Hazrat Asma?
Ans: Hazrat Asma inherited a garden after the death of Hazrat Ayesha. She sold it and gave away all the money among the poor and the needy?
6. What message do you get from the life of Hazrat Asma?
Ans: We get the lesson that we should be true Muslims. We should work for the cause of Islam. We should help the poor and the needy. We should live a life of bravery, piety, generosity, and patience.
7. “She lived a life of hardships but never swerved.” Comment.
Ans: She had to undergo so many hardships. She never complained nor left the right path.
Lesson # 2: The Ever-changing Environment of Computers
1. What led the author into designing web pages and graphics? How was it beneficial for him?
Ans: The author’s strong inclination towards computers led him to design web pages and graphics. Later on, it opened a gateway to computer knowledge for him.
2. What has helped the author to gain valuable commercial experience?
Ans: Developing a program of web applications for the e-commerce company has helped the author to gain valuable commercial experience.
3. What was the author’s inspiration for his painting?
Ans: The author’s college trip to Northern areas as the inspiration for his painting.
4. How is playing cricket a welcome break from the normal study for the author?
Ans: Playing cricket is a welcome break from the normal study for the author. It allows him to exercise which relieves his stress.
5. Which activity helped the author use his communication skills?
Ans: The author had to demonstrate the building of a “balloon boat” and supervise the children. The helped him use his communication skills.
6. Why is it important to keep a balance between curricular and co-curricular activities?
Ans: It is important to keep a balance between curricular and co-curricular activities because too much attention to only one activity renders students incomplete.
7. How are co-curricular activities helpful in learning life skills?
Ans: Co-curricular activities are helpful in learning life skills. They refresh and embolden the student. They build the character and prepare for practical life.