does the poet hope to have lovely sight after rain?
- How can a rainy day be enjoyed?
- What is the theme of the poem?
- What is the function of the night mail? What does the night mail bring?
- By what places does the night mail pass?
- What is the reaction of the persons sleeping in the farm, when the night mail passes?
- What is the reaction of the birds?
- What is the reaction of the sheep dogs?
3-THE LOVELIEST OF TREES, THE CHERRY NOW
- What is the complaint of the poem?
- Which tree is mentioned in the poem,“The Loveliest of Trees, The Cherry Now”?
- What has happened with the twenty year of the poet’s early life?
- What is the main idea of the poem?
4-O’ WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
- Who is Rider? What sort of man is Rider?
- Who is the Reader? What sort of man is Reader?
- What does the Reader say to Rider? Why is valley fatal?
- What do you mean by the gap in the valley?
- What is the main idea/lesson/theme of the poem? What do you feel after reading the poem?
- Why does Reader tell/point out the dangers of the?
5- IN THE STREET OF THE FRUIT STALLS
- Why does the poet use cannon balls to describe the fruit?
- List down the fruit mentioned in the poem?
- What is the main idea/theme of the poet?
- What are the feelings of the poet standing in the dark?
6-A SINDHI WOMAN
- What kind of picture of the Karachi slums do we get after reading this poem?
- How does the Sindhi woman walk?
- What did the poet reflect when he saw the woman?
- What is the Sindhi woman carrying on her head?
- Where from the Sindhi woman is passing through?
- What is the main idea/aim/theme of the poem?
- What is the main/central idea of the poem? What lesson do you get after reading poem?
- What did the traveler see in a desert? Or who saw the broken statue of Ozymandias? Who was telling the story?
- What is the theme/central idea of the poem?
- Who was Ozymandias?
- What did the facial expressions of Ozymandias’ statue indicate?
9- THE FEED
- What does the sparrow hold in
- How many young ones are to be fed by the mother sparrow?
- What is the confusion or problem of the mother sparrow?
- What is the main theme/idea/lesson of the poem?
10-THE HOLLOW MEN
- What kind of people are the modern men?
- Why does the poet call the modern men as hollow?
- What is the theme or main idea of the poem?
- What are the delights and
things we miss in our life?
- What is the central / main idea / theme of the poem?
- Explain the title of the poem. Or what does the title of the poem signify? Or What does the title of the poem suggest?
- What is worse than slavery?
- Who was Abraham?
- Who cannot compete with the civilization of Makkah?
- What has made the efforts of the Muslims fruitless?[
- What is the moral lesson/theme/main idea of the poem?
- What is the present state of the Muslims as given in the last stanza of the poem?
13- A TALE OF TWO CITIES
do people look powerless and helpless?
- Under what circumstances the victims had to pass through?
- Describe the scene of devastation?
- What is the moral lesson? What is the main idea of the poem?
14 -MY NEIGHBOUR FRIEND BREATHING HIS LAST
- When does a person remember Allah?
- What does flare up flames in heart to height?
- Without whose love is Bullah in loss?
- What is the main idea/theme of the poem? Or what lesson do you get after reading this poem?
15-HE CAME TO KNOW HIMSELF
- Who treaded the bazaar of Egypt?
- For what purpose has man been alighted from the heaven? Or what is the main object of man on this world? Or What is the purpose of man’s creation?
- What is the bare truth? What does the word sojourn mean? Or why has the poet used the word sojourn? Or what is the poet saying about his sojourn on this earth in the last lines?
- Who was Mansur? Why did Mansur mount the gallows?
- What is the theme / main idea/lesson of the poem?
- How many attributes are mentioned in this poem?
- What are the effects of attributes of God?
- How do these attributes help in refining the character of a person? Or What is the importance of God’s attributes?
- Do you think these attributes of God are remembered and kept in mind by us in our daily routine work?
17-THE DELIGHT SONG
- How can the crust of the snow glitter?
- What is the effect of man’s good relation with the earth and the lords?
- What is the theme/main idea/lesson of the poem? Write down your opinion regarding the theme of the poem.
18-LOVE AN ESSENCE OF ALL THE RELIGIONS
- Why does the poet put emphasis on love?
- What is the effect of love?
- Is life worth living with out love?
- What is the main idea/theme/lesson of the poem?
19-A MAN OF WORDS AND NOT OF WEEDS
- How does the life of man pass through different phases of it?
- What happens when the life is not of deeds but is full of words?
- What is the moral lesson of the poem?
20-IN BROKEN IMAGES
- What is the state of condition of two persons, one who trust clear images and the other who mistrust the broken images?
- What is the lesson/main idea/theme of the poem?
- Why does a person question his senses when the facts fail him?